Health & Safety
It is the policy of CCMG LTD to create an environment and culture where Health and Safety is a prime consideration in all areas. The requirements of this policy must be met in order for the activities of the business to take place. Furthermore, the business' commitment to the promotion of health, safety and welfare measures is seen as a mutual objective of the directors.
This company is committed to doing all that is reasonably practicable to prevent personal injury and damage to property and to protect everyone from foreseeable hazards.
The Practice will carry out a suitable and sufficient assessment on the risks to the Health and Safety users of the Rosebery Wellbeing Centre including the Charnwood GP Network office.
The Company recognises that it has a responsibility to:
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy conditions and ensure that all processes and systems of work are designed to take account of Health and Safety and are properly supervised at all times.
- Provide information, instruction and supervision to hirers to enable the safe performance of their activities.
- Make available all necessary safety devices
- Ensure adequate arrangements are maintained to enable hirers and their representatives to raise issues of Health and Safety.
- Ensure that hirers are aware of their legal obligation to take reasonable care for their own health, safety and welfare and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions at work.
- Appoint a competent person as defined by statute to assist in meeting the Company's statutory duties.
- Consult with hirers on matters affecting their Health and Safety.
- Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
This policy will be monitored at regular intervals to ensure that the objectives are achieved. It will be reviewed and if necessary revised in the light of legislation or organisational changes.
It is essential that all hirers read, understand and act on this policy. Non-compliance is unacceptable to the Company.
The directors of CCMG LTD accept overall responsibility for all matters relating to Health and Safety within the Rosebery Wellbeing Centre.
The Managing Director will be responsible for the implementation of this Policy. In order to achieve this, the Managing Director is required to:
- Develop and maintain rules and arrangements for specific issues.
- Identify hazards, assess risks and develop suitable control measures.
- Ensure that hirers and visitors know, understand and apply safety procedures.
- Establish that all equipment and substances used are suitable for the task and kept in good working order, including the regular servicing and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents and near misses are properly recorded and reported and that an investigation is carried out to establish their cause and to prevent a recurrence.
- Consult with safety representatives and hirers regarding Health and Safety issues and where necessary promptly inform the directors of any issue that requires their attention.
Risks Arising from Building Hire
Risk assessments will be undertaken by the Managing Director. Action required to remove/control risks will be approved by the Managing Director and allocated members of staff will be responsible for ensuring the action required is implemented.
Assessments will be reviewed annually.
The Managing Director will be responsible for identifying all equipment needing maintenance; ensuring effective maintenance procedures are drawn up and that identified maintenance is implemented. Any problems with equipment should be reported to the Managing Director.
Safe Handling and Use of Substances
The Managing Director will be responsible for identifying all substances which need a COSHH assessment, undertake these assessments, ensure all actions identified are implemented and that all relevant employees are informed of the assessments. Assessments will be reviewed annually.
First Aid: CCMG LTD will provide a first aid box for the Rosebery Wellbeing Centre.
Emergency Procedures: Emergency Procedures are designed to give warning of imminent danger and allow staff and visitors to move to a place of safety. The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that all staff and visitors are informed of emergency procedures – please see fire safety policy.
Information and Communication: The Practice will ensure that suitable and relevant information relating to Health and Safety and Welfare is disseminated to hirers.
Statutory notices will be displayed in the Rosebery Wellbeing Centre. Health and Safety advice is available from the Managing Director.
Visitors: All contractors and builders on the premises must liaise with the Managing Director as to how and where the work will be carried out and the hazards the work may create.
First Aid Boxes
The first aid box is located in the Centre lobby on the wall.
The accident book is located in the Centre lobby on the wall.
All accidents must be recorded; the sheet must be removed from the book and passed to the medical centre reception.
Fire Exits and Extinguishers
All fire exits/gangways are to be checked regularly to ensure they are kept clear.